Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sweet Potato Cupcakes

My beautiful sis-in-law Christine with her yummy Sweet Potato Cupcakes
I had my new Sis-in-law over on Sunday to watch the Super Bowl.  I had asked her if she could bring a dessert to go with all of the other yummy food we were having.  When she got here and I asked what she had brought, she said, "Sweet Potato Cupcakes"!  Sweet Potato what?  

Confession time:  Even though I grew up in the great state of Alabama and am Southern to the core I have never been very fond of sweet potatoes!  Growing up, my Mom made sweet potatoes on a regular basis and I always tolerated the few bites, I of course was required to eat.  (I am from the clean your plate generation)  It has only been the last several years that I have started to enjoy sweet potatoes.  I now feel I have started a "love affair" with them and really enjoy them no matter how they are made!  

Christine was reluctant to share her decadent recipe with the world and I have to understand that...  but Dang it!  They were SO good!  If you happen to have a favorite sweet potato recipe you think I should try please share it!  I would love to taste your favorite!  :-) 

Christine is so talented!  Check out some of her AWESOME creations!  Way to go girlie!  

Emma's Hunger Games B'day cake made by Christine

Monster cake
Mickey Mouse cake and cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment