Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Momaw knows best!





My mom and all her sisters have some of the prettiest skin.  Of course my momaw always did as well. (My momaw was beautiful on the inside and the outside.) When I was younger, I was never too concerned with wrinkles or trying to keep my skin "pretty."  Lots of hiking and sun bathing without sunscreen was definitely my normal. Now that I am in my late 30's, having great skin has definitely become a lot more of a priority!  So what it the secret of great facial skin? Well, my momaw passed down some of her home remedies that I live by these days!  Thanks to my moma for sharing them with us and now I am going to share them with you.  You will love the way your skin looks and feels!



Facial Scrub- I do this 1 to 2 times a week

1 tbsp. olive oil

2 tsp. granulated sugar

In a small bowl combine olive oil and sugar, mix well.  With your hands lightly rub the scrub in your face, making sure to cover your entire face and neck.  Rinse off with warm water and pat dry with a towel.  Such a great exfoliate!


This is the facial scrub


Firming Liquid- I do this about 1 to 2 times a week,(mostly just once a week)

1 egg white


Crack egg white in bowl and throw away yolk.  With fingers spread egg white all over face and neck.  Keep layering egg white until you have a really good amount on your skin.  Let egg white dry and you will feel it firming as it is drying.  Leave on after it is dried for about 6 to 10 minutes.  Wash thoroughly with warm water.   Pat face dry with a towel.


Beautiful Ladies


My momaw Willene, and her mom Ada

My sister Jennifer and my mom Sandra


No comments:

Post a Comment